Cuzzin Eddie's Toors
Good ta Know...
(the fine print)
- -Toors are booked on a 'first come-first serve' basis by phone. Reservations are required but we will have a 'stand-by' list in case of cancellations, especially during peak tourism season. During our busy season, if you are not at the boarding point and checked in 5 minutes prior to departure, your seat may be given to someone else.
- Toor participants will be asked to sign a waiver/model release upon boarding.
- When you call in to reserve your seats, they will ask for your name, best phone number to reach you, number of people in your group, tour you would like and what days you are available. A credit card is required to hold your reservation(s) but we don't run it until you show up and swipe it - or you have the option of paying cash. Eddie likes cash. Larger groups (6 or more) should be prepared to have one person pay for the entire group and get reimbursed from them later. Or earlier. Eddie likes to call them the 'treasurer.'(See below for more info regarding small groups)
- We don't offer discounts or reduced rates for children. It's not that we don't like kids but 1. Although they are welcome to come on all tours, most of our 'toors' are more adult-oriented. For instance, they can come on the White Lightnin Express, but the distilleries won't let them taste and sample so it kinda takes the fun out of it, don't it!? 2. Legally, we cannot have more than 14 people on our bus. It doesn't matter how big or small they are; they are considered 'people,''passengers' or 'persons,' even if they are a babe-in-arms, according to the law. It's easy to offer discounts if you are a 700-seat theater but not a puny little bus. Cuzzin Eddie has friends in another state who once offered "Kids under 12 ride free!" on their 15-passenger tour bus. At one point, a family with 9 kids - all under 12 - signed up. The mother and dad were the only paying customers! It was a great deal for them but after taxes, insurance, gas, salaries, office, promotional expenses and bus maintenance, the bus company ended up losing a lot of money! This happened more than once. They are no longer in business.
- At the moment, our bus does not have a handicap lift. Or a rest room. Please let us know what we can do to help if accommodations are needed.
- The bus is heated and air-conditioned and bottled water is always available onboard at no charge.
How to Book a Toor;
To book a toor, give us a call at 615-289-4815 and let us know which toor or toors you're interested in, how many people ya got and when you're available. We'll see if there is one already scheduled with available seating - or a cancellation - or maybe we can add your preferred tour to the lineup. We must have any 6 registered guests ('toor-ists') to take the bus out. *Note; If ya only got 2 people, we can still put it out there and see if we can get another couple to jump on board - who knows, you might make some friends from Iowa....
Scheduled public toors with available seating;
Eddie sez; "It's always best to book in advance whenever possible, that way we kin try to make sure the bus is runnin' and the driver makes bail..."
Cuzzin Eddie gets a lot of small groups who rent out the whole bus, but we still do general toors for the public whenever possible; When seating is available, we will list it here;
All booked up! NO PUBLIC TOORS AVAILABLE FROM 8/22 through 9/16
Important information for Groups of 6 or more;
1. If you have a group of 6 or more, Cuzzin Eddie can often arrange for door-to-door pick up and drop-off at your cabin, resort or hotel for an added fee. This is particularly helpful on the White Lightnin Express Toors so nobody has to be the 'designated driver!' It's also usually cheaper than cab fare, walkin' and waaay better than a ticket....' Ask about this service when you call.
2. It is especially important to book group tours as early as possible. We can't guarantee that we will have enough seats for your group on one of our regular tours.
3. We will run a single credit card for the entire group as you board the bus (or you can pay in cash!) - so that we can hit the road sooner and start having fun faster, rather than be messin' with credit cards or cash for each individual or couple on the bus.....Then everyone else kin pay back yer designated 'treasurer...'
If Cuzzin Eddie should have to cancel a tour for any reason, or if that particular tour doesn't get enough participants, you will not be charged, period. IF there is an unforeseen issue regarding the bus, weather, etc while on a tour, your cost will be fully refunded, with our apologies.
If you are a no-show or the number of people in your party changes and you don't cancel or call in to change those reservations at least 5 days in advance of your tour, you will be charged for half of the regular price for the no-show/cancelled seats because we still have to schedule the driver, tour guide and try to re-sell those seats in a short amount of time - after all, we held those seats for you... Fair enough?
In other words, say you call in and reserve seats for 4 people on a particular tour - but one of your group, Gene, drops out at the last minute. He has a hangover. You never liked Gene very much anyway. This leaves 3 actual people in your group, when we have saved seats for 4. Someone else might have wanted Gene's seat had it not already been reserved as part of your group, after all, the bus only holds 14 - so we will charge your group for Gene's empty seat HALF of what the full price would have been if he hadn't gotten drunk the night before and decided not to go. (Gene should still pay your group.) IF we can re-sell Gene's seat at the last minute, there is some flexibility.
All tour companies have a cancellation policy of some kind. We think ours is pretty generous.